A few simple steps to keep your jewellery clean, shiny and in one piece.
- To minimize scratches and other damage, store your silver jewellery either in a cloth bag or in the gift box provided.
- Avoid exposing your jewellery to household chemicals when cleaning with bleach or ammonia.
- Wear after you’re done putting on your make-up and perfume on as this will reduce the contact with suntan lotions, hairsprays, body lotions and other chemicals.
- Remove when swimming in chlorinated water as these chemicals can damage silver.
- Remove when going to bed.
- Care should be taken to prevent silver tarnish from build-up. This is a dulling that naturally occurs when silver reacts with sulfer or hydrogen sulfide in the air.
- To clean your silver jewellery simply rub over a silver polishing cloth, this should bring back a beautiful shine and keep the tarnish at bay.
- Silver polishing cloths are available from most supermarkets, hardware stores or craft stores and can be easily found on line.
- Silver dips can be quite harsh and will also remove the antiquing effect from your jewellery, we recommend that you do not use Silver dips.
- Wearing your silver jewellery often is the best way to prevent tarnish from building up.
- Regular cleaning of your silver jewellery will prevent tarnish and keep your silver bright and sparkly.
- Even though we do solder our joins, to prevent loss, we would advise that from time to time that you check links and catches for signs of wear and tear. If you are unlucky enough to lose your charm, we cannot be held responsible.
- In time, like everything, your silver jewellery will begin to show signs of wear