Fingerprint Jewellery Studio was founded in 2008 by Bethan Jarvis. Bethan is a professional jeweller with a BA (Hons) Applied Arts and Design Degree. (that's her, third from the left when she won best stand award at the Beaumaris Craft Fair in May 2015!)
At the time it all began she had toddlers, by now they are teenagers!
Having two young children of her own and the love of making jewellery she decided to combine both and start her own business making fingerprint jewellery, this would enable her to work from home meaning that she could see her children develop and grow, and making something really precious that she knew other mothers like her would love.
Bethan's workshop is based in North Wales, it was set in the beautiful grounds of Glynllifon Mansion, she's at the workshop five days per week, visitors are welcome, but please call or email to make an appointment or to check that she's in. Until she had her third child in October 2018 and now she has relocated her workshop to the garden where she is once again working from home.
If you'd like to see other jewellery that she design and make's, these can be seen on her other website http://www.bethanjarvisjewellery.co.uk
Here's the technical bit!
Fingerprint Jewellery Studio produces high quality handmade jewellery. Each piece of bespoke jewellery is unique and individually hand crafted to your specific needs. Fingerprint Jewellery Studio take's prints of your child's hands, feet, fingerprints or drawings and then our creative team work together to make the finest quality jewellery. If you do not see the item in our gallery that you require then please contact us and we will try to work with you to create the precious item that you require. Our many skills include:
- Design – knowledge of design techniques
- Making – A wide knowledge of making skills – degree level
- Mechanical – knowledge of tools and machines
- Judgment and decision making skills
- Time management
- Analysing the needs and products required to create a design
- Conclusions and approaches to problems
- Speaking/communicating with others to convey information effectively and correctly
- Mathematics to solve problems
- We give full attention to your jewellery needs
- Great attention to detail
- We conduct tests and inspections of all products prior despatching
- Actively looking for ways to help improve our quality of work and skills
- Strong communication – regarding to progression of orders status